Friday, May 2, 2008

IDEAS???

I am not real sure if this is really blog worthy, but I have a question. Does anyone have any fun family traditions, or different things that you do for birthday's besides the normal gift? I was just sitting down yesterday and realized what a joke birthday's are. Once you get married and your siblings are married you are now doubling that birthday fun. It's not that I mind shopping for others, but of course they do not know what they want. I always seem to find myself standing in front of the gift card center at Harmon's, and now your three dollar milk trip now seventy nine dollars. WOW three people have birthdays this month. With that in mind I just thought we really spend lots on birthday, and we usually don't get to spend time with them. I thought maybe if we just get together and do one big birthday every year with like a BBQ or something fun would be much more enjoyable. So I am looking for ideas do any of you do anything fun? I am open for anything I am sure someones has some idea.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I totally hear ya on this one! Thats the good thing about living out of state and being completely POOR right now (haha) no worries that we can't buy a bday presents for everyone because they all know we have no money! BUT I do know that back when were were in UT Steve's family had a BBQ/dinner every other month to celebrate everyone's bday that had taken place during that time. Cake and iceream and good food to celebrate-and all it took was a crisp 5 dollar bill to make the person happy! That way you left with some cash from everyone-- to buy what you really want...and really 5 bucks isn't a whole lot when it is every other month or so! Ok that was really long...but hopefully it helped! :)

Jamie said...

Our family out here in NC gets together once a month and celebrate all those birthdays in the month. Sometimes we just do dessret and other times we have a meal and we play games. We usually do exchange presents and yes it adds up fast, but we still get to spend the time together. (you could still do something similar but without gifts)

Jamie said...

I found my blog layout at http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/ and they have tonz of cute stuff and easy instructions on how to change your blog.

Sartori Fam said...

Hey girl! I stalked you down and found you on Azure's blog! Your baby is beautiful and you look awesome! I think about you lots and am stoked to have found you! Check out our blog havenzeke.blogspot.com

The Lapuaho's said...

I hear ya....we need to stop spending so much money, maybe a BBQ at moms on the months that have birthdays and keep the gift under $10 then you will have to get creative with your thinking.

Sartori Fam said...

Good to hear from you! Joe graduates in Aug, but we are moving back in June because he has his last clinical rotation at LDSH. We have enjoyed it out here, but are stoked to come home. We will have to get together when we get back. Your baby is so dang cute!

JaNae said...

Hey Mel, Cute Blog! Yes, this is JaNae from Kanosh! It's so great to hear from you. Your baby girl is so cute! Congratulations! I live in Chicago right now. You can check our blog our at bradyandjanae.blogspot.com
Sorry, I don't have many B-day ideas, but I totally know what you mean! :)